This is what I have learned from the new household members so far….
- I am smarter than a chicken.
- I am dumber than a puppy.
- Chickens go poop a lot.
- Puppies go poop a lot.
- According to everything I have read, the chances of a chicken dying a terrible death is about 98%.
- According to our puppy’s behavior and choices for interactions, my personality is less engaging than a pine cone, a stick, or a weed in the ground.
- I can make clucking sounds like a mother hen and two of the chicks come running over and stretch their necks out to visit with me.
- The sight of #7 makes your grandchildren laugh really hard while other family members question your sanity.
- There is great love to be learned from our animals.
- Lists usually stop at ten items, even when you don’t have a 10th item.
My unmet in-person friend Mark Mayes is a remarkable songwriter, poet, and author. Here is another one of his songs on Soundcloud, “Georgie Boy”